WHAT IS THE COMPLETE SERVICE?
The Complete Service allows for a full, detailed inspection of your Cartier watch, and particularly of its most technical and precise aspect: its mechanism. A Complete Service is essential when a watch has not been checked for several years or when its mechanism no longer works properly (because the oils it contains have dried out or the case has received an impact, for example). It is also recommended once every four or five years.
Performed by a Cartier master watchmaker qualified for working with Fine Watchmaking models, it includes the following operations:
- aesthetic and ergonomic inspections;
- the disassembly of the watch;
- the disassembly, examination and cleaning of all the component parts of the movement;
- the replacement of the components, if necessary;
- the adjustment of the escapement, balance-spring and balance;
- the reassembly and casing-up of the components;
- amplitude and water-resistance tests;
- testing of the power reserve and of the automatic winding process on a wear simulator;
- an aesthetic inspection is carreid out in accordance with Cartier quality criteria.
If specific damaged parts (e.g., the dial, hands, glass, crown, metal bracelet, etc.) need to be replaced, these will only be changed and invoiced after you have given your authorization.