WHAT IS THE POLISHING SERVICE?
The Polishing Service allows your Cartier watch to rediscover its original shine and brilliance. Nevertheless, given that the removal of a thin layer of metal is involved, Cartier recommends you not to have this service carried out more than eight times in the lifetime of a watch made of yellow gold. Since it also requires that the movement be uncased, polishing is systematically accompanied by a Maintenance or Complete Service.
Performed by a Cartier specialist polisher, the Polishing Service includes the following operations:
- the case and the bracelet are disassembled;
- the movement and related parts are removed from the case;
- the surfaces of the case, case back, clasp and bracelet are reworked in three stages:
- felting: superficial scratches are removed using a very hard brush and a very abrasive paste; it should be noted however that certain deep scratches cannot be removed;
- polishing: the surface is given a smooth finish using a hard brush and an abrasive paste;
- shining: the final shine is given using a soft brush and a fine paste;
- the case and the bracelet are subjected to ultrasonic cleaning;
- the different parts of the watch are reassembled.