LIMITED WARRANTY USA / CANADA
This warranty only applies to lighters sold or repaired under warranty in the United States of America and Canada.
Cartier lighters are guaranteed against any manufacturing defect for an unlimited period: any piece which is defective due to a manufacturing defect, confirmed by our technical services, will be repaired or replaced free of charge by Cartier. However, 24 months after the purchase date, you will be charged for the labor involved in any repair or replacement, whether the parts are covered by the warranty or not.
In order to benefit from this warranty, you must present the warranty certificate. This certificate must be duly filled out, dated, stamped and signed by a Cartier Boutique or the authorized dealer.
With the exception of current legal provisions, this Limited Warranty constitutes the exclusive manufacturer's guarantee. This Limited Warranty, for labor expenses, and any other express or implied warranties, including any implied operating warranty for the envisaged use or for a particular use, shall be strictly limited to a period of 24 months from the purchase date. Cartier's liability is limited exclusively to repair or replacement under the terms stipulated in this warranty. Cartier shall not be held liable, in conformity with this Limited Warranty or by any other means, for any loss or damage resulting from the use or inability to use your lighter, or any accidental or consequential damage related to your lighter.
As some States, Provinces or Territories do not permit the limiting of the duration of an implied warranty, or the exclusion or limiting of accidental or consequential damage, the above restrictions or exclusions may not apply to you.
The Limited Warranty for USA & Canada covers
Under the guarantee, any piece that has a manufacturing defect, confirmed by our technical services, will be repaired or replaced free of charge, during the 24-month period following the date of purchase. After that period, you will be charged for the labor involved in any repair or replacement.
The Guarantee does not cover
The Cartier International Guarantee excludes in particular damage resulting from:
- tampering or improper or abusive use (knocking, hitting, crushing)
- the consequences of normal wear and tear on the lighter
- the use of gas or flints other than those sold by Cartier
- unauthorized alteration
- manipulation or repairs, as well as the consequences of the normal wear and ageing of the lighter
- the gas tank after the first 24 months from the date of purchase
- the flint wheel after the first 24 months from the date of purchase.
- Any repair work carried out on your lighter at a Cartier Boutique, authorized Cartier dealer or Cartier After-Sales Service center will be covered by the 12 month Cartier International Intervention Guarantee.
This Guarantee does not cover damage resulting from improper or abusive use, knocking, the use of accessories not specifically recommended by Cartier, unauthorized modifications or repairs, or work carried out by a lighter repair service that is not authorized by Cartier.