The Restoration Service allows an old Cartier clock to rediscover its original appearance and to regain its normal working condition. Technical restorations may be carried out locally, while aesthetic restorations need to be undertaken at the Cartier workshops in Switzerland.
Performed by Cartier master clockmakers, the Restoration Service includes the following operations:
- the clock is diagnosed;
- an estimate is prepared.
After the estimate has been accepted:
- the clock is totally disassembled;
- parts subject to wear and tear are replaced;
- specific parts are manufactured and replaced;
- the movement is restored;
- the case is cleaned with a soft cloth;
- the clock is reassembled;
- a technical and aesthetic inspection is carried out in accordance with Cartier quality criteria.