The Maintenance Service enables you to have your Cartier watch checked to verify that it corresponds perfectly to the Maison's quality criteria in terms of aesthetics, timekeeping and water-resistance.
Performed by a Cartier watchmaker, it includes the following operations:
- the watch is totally disassembled;
- the movement, dial and crown are removed from the case;
- all gaskets that are subject to wear and tear are replaced;
- the parts not related to the movement are replaced (if required);
- the watch is checked for magnetisation and, if necessary, demagnetised;
- the movement is checked and the rate adjusted;
- the case and/or the metal bracelet are polished, if you so require;
- the watch's basic mechanism is cased up;
- the case's water-resistance is reinforced;
- the airtightness and water-resistance are tested;
- the watch's workings are tested: the rate, amplitude and power reserve;
- an aesthetic inspection is carreid out in accordance with Cartier quality criteria.
If specific damaged parts (e.g., the dial, hands, glass, crown, metal bracelet, etc.) need to be replaced, these will only be changed and invoiced after you have given your authorization. Polishing is also invoiced as an additional service, as per the terms of the international intervention warranty.