Whether you wear them every day or only occasionally, your pieces of Cartier jewelry are precious objects that require care and attention.
The recommendations below will help you to preserve them in their original condition.
- Allow yourself the necessary time to be able to handle your jewelry carefully.
- Ensure that you remove your jewelry when washing your hands and putting on perfume or face cream. The particles present in these cosmetics, which are not eliminated by rapid rinsing, may become lodged in cavities and form a corrosive blend of materials that in the long term may lead to premature deterioration of the metal.
- Regular contact with household detergents or insecticides may damage pearls and certain precious stones.
- Products containing mercury, such as Mercurochrome, cause irreversible damage to gold.
- Take your regular activities into account when choosing your jewelry. Avoid wearing them on the beach, at the swimming pool or to play sport so as to avoid knocks and scratches. Wearing your jewelry should also be avoided when doing housework or gardening.
- Avoid the friction caused by sliding your pendant on its chain or wearing several rings on the same finger.
- Ensure you do not place your jewelry too close to sources of intense heat, to X-rays or to other sources of radioactivity.