Whether you wear it every day or only occasionally, your watch is an object that requires care and attention.
The recommendations made below will help you to preserve it for many years to come, with all its accuracy, regularity of rate and authenticity.
- Try to keep your watch away from all sources of magnetism, e.g., smartphones and computers, but also magnetized handbag clasps, loudspeakers or airport metal detectors. These in fact generate strong magnetic fields which may have an effect on your watch's movement ranging from minor interference to actually causing it to stop. In the latter case it will be necessary to call on the services of a Cartier watchmaker to carry out a demagnetization procedure.
- In order to preserve the shine of the polished surfaces and precious stones found in your watch, avoid wearing a bracelet on the same wrist.
- If your watch is equipped with a self-winding mechanical movement, have the bracelet adjusted by a Cartier sales associate in order to ensure the optimal working of the movement.
- To prevent premature wear and tear of the bracelet, do not wear your watch when sleeping.
- To protect its movement from vibrations or temperature differences that might damage it, you are recommended not to wear your watch when playing sports such as golf or tennis or taking part in activities such as saunas.
- Whether your watch is water-resistant or not, you can clean it with a soft, dry cloth.