Handed down from generation to generation, our creations are designed to be timeless. Every creation represents a moment, an event, a story, an emotion.
For this reason, our work and our conduct must measure up to the level of trust our customers place in us.
Cartier has always shown the greatest resolve to earn this level of trust through our purchasing activities, fabrication in our workshops and retailing in our boutiques.
We have chosen to formalize our commitments in our Corporate Responsibility policy. This policy is consistent with the objectives of the RJC (Responsible Jewellery Council) .
Our policy applies to all our product lines, all our activities and all our suppliers, as their day-to-day practices reflect on our Maison. Cartier works in close collaboration with its suppliers to encourage their participation and help them comply with our requirements.
Fall into 3 major categories:
- Business ethics,
- Social performance,
- Environmental performance.
The practical implementation of this policy is subject to audits conducted by an independent, international firm. These audits cover 120 criteria and encourage a process of continuous improvement through the sharing of best practices.
- We will not tolerate any kind of corruption or money laundering.
- We will conduct our business with integrity.
- We will comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- We will exercise the greatest vigilance with respect to our supply chain, especially regarding diamond purchasing .
Work with dignity
- We will uphold the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and ensure compliance with its principles.
- We will tolerate neither child labor nor forced labor.
- We will maintain the highest standards in matters of health and safety.
Safeguard the environment
- We will minimize the use of toxic materials in our operations.
- We will minimize the negative impact of our activities on the environment.
- We will manage our waste in a responsible manner.
- We will reduce our consumption of water and energy.