YOUR CARTIER JEWELLERY ON A DAY-TO-DAY BASIS
Your Cartier jewellery is precious and requires care and attention. We recommend the following daily considerations, so that it is preserved as long as possible:
- Be sure to handle your jewellery with care.
- Remove your jewellery when washing your hands or using corrosive products that could permanently damage precious metal, stones or pearls.
- Take your regular activities into consideration when wearing your jewellery, including potential for impact.
- Keep your jewellery away from intense sources of heat and extreme temperature changes.
SOME PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES
- Before putting on your piece of jewellery, examine it for a moment:
- check that the clasp (and its safety catch if it has one) is not "loose"
- check that the settings of the stones have not moved, as follows:
- either by shaking the piece of jewellery close to your ear: if you hear a slight noise, this means that the stones are no longer perfectly secured;
- or by rubbing the piece of jewellery against a thin cloth: if the cloth catches, this means that the prongs have moved.
- If you are in the slightest doubt, it is advisable not to wear your piece of jewellery until you have had it checked at a Cartier boutique.
MAINTAINING YOUR JEWELLERY IN GOOD CONDITION
Your jewellery should be cleaned regularly.
If it contains lapis lazuli, coral, pearls, turquoise or emeralds, or if in general it contains a significant cluster of stones, the task of cleaning it should be entrusted to one of our specialists at a Cartier boutique.
If it does not include these types of stone, you may carry out the cleaning yourself. Brush the jewellery delicately with a very soft small brush in lukewarm soapy water, carefully rinse it in lukewarm water and wipe it with a soft cloth.
Once every year, leave your pieces of jewellery at a Cartier boutique so as to have them checked, cleaned and revitalised.
Once every one to three years, have the stringing of your Cartier pearl necklace serviced.
STORING YOUR JEWELLERY
Pieces of jewellery become scratched when they come into contact with one another. We recommend you to store them individually in the Cartier case that you were given at the time of purchase.
Chains should be closed and laid flat so as to avoid the formation of knots.
You are strongly advised not to place several pieces of jewellery together without protection.