Leather goods care
In order to preserve the natural beauty of your leather article for as long as possible, we recommend the following guidelines.
- Whatever type of material your bag or small article is made of, avoid overloading it if you wish it to keep its original shape for as long as possible.
- When your bag is not in use it is recommended that you fill its interior with tissue-paper before storing it in its cover and box.
- After using a bag, you are recommended to fill its interior with tissue-paper before storing it in its cover and in its box.
- Avoid letting leather articles come into contact with water, greasy substances, make-up products or perfumes.
- Protect your articles from light, heat and humidity so as to preserve their appearance and colour for a long time into the future.
- Certain articles are manufactured with magnetised clasps and fasteners. Avoid direct contact between the magnets and credit cards or any other type of magnetic card, so as to prevent the risk of possible demagnetisation.
Leather articles will react well to being cleaned with a soft, dry cloth without the use of any type of maintenance product or detergent such as polish or waterproofing. Use of an unsuitable product could cause damage to your bag or small leather article.
Soft and gentle brushing is more suitable for articles made of cloth, fur or velvet.
Buckles require no particular care or attention. Gold- or palladium-plated buckles do not tarnish over time, and a soft cloth is sufficient to remove any traces of fingermarks.
For each of its leather articles, Cartier carefully designs the lining so as to create a slimline and lightweight product and to make the leather even more supple. Specially designed to withstand the test of time, the lining can be cleaned with a soft, damp cloth and a little soapy water (please ensure that the soap contains neither a fragrance nor a colouring agent).