This guarantee applies to clocks sold or repaired under guarantee in any country other than the United States of America or Canada.
Cartier clocks are guaranteed against any manufacturing defect for an unlimited period, under the following terms: any piece which is defective due to a manufacturing fault, confirmed by our technical services, will be repaired or replaced free of charge by Cartier. However, 24 months following the purchase date, you will be charged for the labour involved in any repair or replacement, whether the parts are covered by the guarantee or not.
In order to benefit from this guarantee, you must present the guarantee certificate. The certificate must be duly filled out, dated, stamped and signed by a Cartier boutique or an authorised Cartier dealer.
Creations acquired from non-authorised dealers, or a website other than Cartier.com, are not guaranteed authentic creations by Cartier.
The Guarantee covers
Under guarantee, any piece that has a manufacturing defect confirmed by our technical services will be repaired or replaced free of charge, during the 24-month period following the purchase. After that period, you will be charged for the labour involved in any repair or replacement.
The Guarantee does not cover
The Cartier International Guarantee excludes in particular damage resulting from:
- tampering or improper or abusive use (knocking, hitting, crushing)
- the use or consequences of the use of batteries not specifically recommended by Cartier
- alterations, repair or work carried out by a watch repair service that is not authorised by Cartier
- the consequences of normal wear and tear on the clock
- any damage caused by contact with water.
Any repair work carried out on your clock at a Cartier boutique, authorised Cartier dealer or Cartier After-Sales Service centre will be covered by the 12-month Cartier International Intervention Guarantee.
This Guarantee does not cover damage resulting from improper or abusive use, knocking, the use of accessories not specifically recommended by Cartier, unauthorised modifications or repairs, or work carried out by a watch repair service that is not authorised by Cartier.
Cartier Care offers you certain benefits concerning your Cartier desk clock, including personalised information and the possibility to extend your initial International Cartier Warranty Cartier (Warranty Extension). Each of your Cartier desk clocks can benefit from the Warranty Extension as long as the initial warranty is still valid and you are subscribed to Cartier Care.
If your request for a Warranty Extension is accepted as part of Cartier Care, your Cartier desk clock will benefit from an extension of your initial International Cartier Warranty for a maximum duration of 6 years. Please note that the total duration of the International Cartier Warranty cannot in any case exceed 8 years. The Warranty Extension applies to your Cartier desk clock and can be used by any subsequent buyer or owner of the desk clock. You can consult the expiration date of your International Cartier Warranty, whether it can be extended and is applicable to your Cartier desk clock at any time by consulting your collection of Cartier desk clocks on your MyCartier account or by contacting a Cartier call centre.
The general terms and conditions, exclusion clauses and restrictions of the initial two-year International Cartier Warranty, apply, and continue to apply, throughout the entire duration of the International Cartier Warranty, including during the maximum extension of 6 years. A copy of the initial two-year International Cartier Warranty is available here. Any change to the current general terms and conditions of Cartier Care or the initial two-year International Cartier Warranty will not affect your right as a customer by virtue of the applicable local legislation.
You can request a Warranty Extension at any time as part of your Cartier Care as long as your initial two-year International Cartier Warranty is still valid.
Your Cartier Care subscription, your right to each of its benefits, including any Warranty Extension, may be refused by Cartier by its own discretion for any reason, included, but not limited to:
- If you are not duly registered as a beneficiary of Cartier Care;
- If your Cartier Care subscription is cancelled by Cartier or yourself for any reason;
- If you do not consent to receiving commercial information when requesting your Warranty Extension or refuse to provide additional information and/or the relevant proof of purchase (for example, a receipt, International Cartier Warranty, etc.);
- If you request a Warranty Extension and the reference number of your Cartier desk clock does not correspond to the original reference number registered by Cartier;
- If you request a Warranty Extension outside of the initial two-year period of the International Cartier Warranty;
- If you request a Warranty Extension and your Cartier desk clock is not eligible for a Warranty Extension as, for example, it is a Cartier desk clock which is not to be sold according to Cartier’s registers (such as a prototype, etc.); or
- If you are not an end client acting in good faith or in the event of misuse.
Cartier can cancel your subscription to Cartier Care and/or the Warranty Extension for the same reasons which will give them the right to refuse, and for any other reason at their discretion, at any time without prior notice. If you wish to cancel your subscription, you can do so at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be aged at least 18 or over to subscribe to Cartier Care. Anyone aged 13 or over, but less than 18 years old, must obtain the consent of their parents or legal guardians before registering. During registration, you declare to be over 18 years old (or if you are aged between 13 and 18, your parent or legal guardian has given their consent) and you accept to abide to the present terms and conditions.
Cartier Care is solely limited to private individuals and only one account is permitted per person. Your subscription to Cartier Care must not be sold, transferred, handed over or shared to anyone else. In the case of abusive or fraudulent activity connected to Cartier Care, and/or any failure to abide to these conditions, as determined by Cartier’s sole discretion, we reserve the right to modify the benefits as part of Cartier Care, in particular, to terminate them.
Cartier reserves the right to modify or restrict any aspect of Cartier Care (including its services and/or benefits) without prior notice. And change to this order will be indicated in an updated version of the present terms and conditions on our website.
Cartier Care is offered by Cartier.